Sunday, October 12, 2008

The day I never looked back again

I was in my early 20s, I was married and I had a child. We were poor scraping by but we were happy and quite satisfied. It was the first time I ever tried to do business and I pawned all our jeweleries to buy ourselves some chickens to start a chicken farm. Without much experience, we lost everything as the chicken one by one died of diseases and some stolen.

One day, without realizing I didn't enough cash in my pocket, I went to this particular shop to buy myself some food to bring home to my family for lunch. I order some curry fish to pack it home and when I was about to pay, the restaurant owner said "30 cents" and I had only 15 cents in my pocket. I felt a deep sharp knife just pierce into my heart when I said "oh, I just want the curry without the fish, just give me 15 cents worth of curry without the fish"

I cycled home and went into my room and cried...
Tears just rolled down my cheeks as I sat down quietly and my wife came in and asked me.. " what happened?"
I have failed, I can't even buy a simple decent lunch for my family. I have nothing left, all your jeweleries are gone, all our money gone, all the chickens gone. I am a useless father, a useless husband

I have reached the lowest level of life in me...I have hit rock bottom in life.
It was the beginning of a new life for me... I MUST go UP and there is only one way.

The shop is now gone...this is the only photo left of it and it just a split second memory of my life and has changed the way I think.





No comments: